2010-02-09

"com.apple.boot.plist not found" error on multi-boot Hackintosh

I have a VAIO VGN-CS115J triple-booting Windows, Mac OS 10.5 and Ubuntu.

After reformatting my Windows partition as HFS+ (getting rid of Windows, yeah), I had the "com.apple.boot.plist not found" error. It seemed Disk Utility gave the newly created (reformatted) partition the "bonus" of being active (being boot partition).

The error message was actually given by Chameleon, who could not find the boot.plist file in the active partition (of course). So I simply pressed F8, selected the Ubuntu partition, booted into it, fired up GParted, flagged the OS X partition as"boot", restarted.

Multi-boot capability is a savior :) Without it I would have needed a live CD (which I currently don't have). And thumb down for Disk Utility!

A side note: After I moved a large amount of data to the new partition, ATSServer worked like crazy. I guess it's Spotlight indexing PDF files being moved (lots of them :|).

No comments:

Post a Comment